Monday, July 10, 2017

My Favorite Quotes & Moments From Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

There are so many hidden treasures in the Harry Potter books that you can literally write another entire book just containing quotes and lessons from J.K. Rowling's writing. She really is such a talent. She knows what to say and just the right way to say it. Although all the Harry Potter books are magical there is something special about Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. Maybe because it is the first in this epic saga. Or maybe because this is where the magic all began. Maybe because this is where I was first introduced to the Wizarding World. Maybe. Just maybe ... Whatever the reason be, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone is my favorite - both the book and the movie as well. Here are some of my most favorite moments and quotes from the first in the magical series.

"You're a Wizard Harry," ... "I'm a what?"
The moment of revelation for Harry Potter was so perfect. It was like this was the moment when J.K. Rowling welcomed me into her Wizarding World. Almost like I had been told I was going to Hogwarts. So magical. Oh and special thanks to her for letting Hagrid be the one who delivered the news. I can't imagine anyone else to have done it. Hagrid is the most family-like person in the entire book for me and him delivering the news was like family welcoming Harry into their home. Perfect. So perfect! Extra points for giving Dudley that tail too! *laughs*

I still remember the excitement I'd felt when I'd first read the part where the trio meets for the first time. There was this strange excitement inside me. I was meeting this funny boy called Ron Weasley and then this bossy girl called Hermione Granger. Harry Potter was making the first friends of his life and I was making the most loyal friends of my life. Harry, Ron, and Hermione have stayed with me my entire childhood and to this day they're the friends who never leave my side. They are always there when I need them - always. *Read that in Snape tone*

"He'll be famous - a legend - I wouldn't be surprised if today was known as Harry Potter day in the future - there will be books written about Harry - every child in our world will know his name!"
This quote from Professor Mcgonagall must be printed in gold lettering, framed in a gold frame, and gifted to J.K. Rowling with a thank you note. When she'd written this first I'm sure she hadn't read it the way she must be reading it now. This was like a forecast of the future! Every child in our world knows the name Harry Potter today. He is undoubtedly a legend and yes we celebrate Harry Potter days. I think Harry Potter is the best fandom in the world! Really. Can somebody PLEASE take me to J.K. Rowling so I could hug her and thank her for the magic she has blessed my life with!!!!!!!

"It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live."
Albus Dumbledore - the wise guy who always had a great quote to deliver throughout the books. This one's a favorite of mine from the first book/movie. Oh and the mirror. Such a cool thing! I wonder what I would have seen in it ... There should have been a way to find out!

"Books and cleverness ... there are more important things: friendship and bravery."
You got it Hermione. You always do! You can be a know-it-all and a star student yet if you don't have friends and courage inside of you nothing matters. Hermione thought she only had her books and cleverness in the first book and movie but by the end of the magical saga I thought she had it all; she had her books and her knowledge, she was the greatest witch of her time undoubtedly and she also had the best of friends and immense courage even in the most challenging of times. J.K. Rowling has created such a fabulous character in Hermione which every single girl should look up to! I love Hermione!

Okay favorite moment alert! *laughs*
"It's LeviOsa, not LeviosAR!"
Seriously, this was like THE moment. Ron and Hermione were just meant to be since this very instant. You can't just go through a Charms lesson like this one and then not end up getting married years later. *laughs* FAVORITE scene ever! Hermione's got such sass! Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment