Sunday, July 16, 2017

The Wacky Finds Series ~ The Harry Potter Special Volume 27

It's time for Volume 27 of The Wacky Finds Series!
These are a monthly series I started out of sheer awe of how crazy things around me are! Here's what this is about ... Ahem Ahem: When my awesome self steps out of my bed each morning I meet a world of crazies. People, things, phenomena, and acts of nature which are simply too unusual to miss and not record! The Wacky Finds Series will cover all the weird stuff that I find along my way; good weird, awkward weird, bad weird, I-totally-don't-get-this weird .. all kinds of weird shall be recorded and snapped without any discrimination!

SPECIAL NOTE! Since I'm celebrating a Harry Potter July this month's Wacky Finds' Volume is all Harry Potter themed! I've collected a few of the wackiest finds from our trips to The Wizarding World in Orlando. These are all from the Diagon Alley side of the parks at Universal Studios! Oooh and unlike all other volumes I'm posting TEN finds instead of only five. Bonus! Harry Potter themed bonus!

I'm going to start with the beginning and that is the wacky entrance to Diagon Alley! The brick entrance that withholds the magical world of Harry Potter concealed to perfection. The picture above is one of our most memorable ones. We took this picture when we first touched the bricks of Diagon Alley's entrance. These are our hands - Abbie's and mine - right before the magic consumes us. Let me tell you something ... this picture always brings tears of happiness to my eyes!

The second wacky find I have today has got to be THE wackiest feature of Diagon Alley in Orlando. THE FIRE BREATHING DRAGON! The mighty dragon perched atop the rickety Gringotts building is STUNNING. It is majestic and glorious and I think I am in love with it beyond understanding capabilities. It breathes fire every few minutes - like actual fire - and that is one huge OMG moment!

Next up I have something that some people have actually claimed to have missed out when they visit the WWOHP. How do you miss something? *confusion* When we're there we literally stare at every inch of the place to make sure we get the maximum magical experience possible. But then again, the park is so intricately detailed I guess it is possible to miss out on stuff. This picture above is a dark tattoo place which can be found inside Knockturn Alley. It isn't accessible so basically you get to view it through a glass window but it's pretty cool. It has this dark and evil look about it and the tattoo drawings displayed on the walls are the creepy kind to. You'd think you could get a Dark Mark replica tattoo from here!

Guess what this is? The insides of the Knight Bus parked at the London area outside Diagon Alley! Again, this is something people miss because they don't know that the bus is actually accessible from the back door. When I first visited it was peak season and I couldn't get a chance to step inside so I experienced this on my second visit. The bus actually has the insides seen in the movies too. It has the same feel about it like a cramped up space but still larger than what could normally fit inside a bus this size. Peak inside and you can even see the top floors! LOVE how wacky this one is!

Of course while you're there there is the wacky experience of the delicious Butter Beer which you just can NOT miss. I always get my Butter Beer frozen, Abbie and I always share so we can enjoy without getting too guilty about the calories, and I always have to make my Butter Beer mustache - another little wacky experience you gotta do!

And it's not just the Butter Beer, the ice cream at this place is super delicious and very wacky! Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream shop is itself super wacky and a very adorable place. The ice cream flavors are wacky too - like the Chocolate Chili which is actually spicy and sweet! Abbie and I crave the Salted Caramel Blondie - I think that's my favorite one!

Of course when we're talking about wacky there is no way we can forget the Weasley twins! Fred and George's shop Weasley's Wizarding Wheezes is such a happy sight! This is the first you see when you enter Diagon Alley to your right and the wacky display outside the shop sets your happy mood in an instant. Oh and wait till you go inside - WACKIEST place on earth! *laughs*

Now if I were to start showing off every single wacky product available inside the shop I'd probably take days or this entry would become too long. So I just chose one which I absolutely do not understand. This ... err, chicken. Please explain this to me! *laughs*

Check out how wacky the park itself is overall. Every single one of the buildings is crooked or shaped all wacky so that overall it gives this crazy magical look. I love looking everywhere. In fact, Abbie and I have been found just sitting and looking around us for long periods of time. We love this place - it's our peaceful spot on this earth!

And I finally conclude with one more wacky experience you've got to enjoy while in Diagon Alley. Talking to the sulky goblin at the Money Exchange. He is seriously in a bad mood ALL the time and annoying him is sure to make your day! *laughs*

That's all folks! Until the next five Wacky Finds, have a wacky day!

No comments:

Post a Comment